One of the most popular Kratom strains out there is the Maeng Da strain, which is widely available and affordable in most Kratom stores worldwide. Many people ask us what exactly Maeng Da is though, where it comes from and how it differs from other products. So we thought we’d cover this at length, and put all your Maeng Da questions to bed.
Where Maeng Da comes from and name origin
Maeng Da’s name does not come from its’ original location. Maeng Da is grown across the Southeast of Asia (quite a lot of it, really, since it’s such a popular and available strain). It was originally grown in Indonesia, but soon caught on to other places, as is the case with most Kratom strains.
Maeng Da Kratom hails from an evergreen tree, officially known as Mitragyna Speciosa. The Maeng Da comes from a specially grafted Mitragyna Speciosa tree. Grafting is a great way to achieve Kratom because it speeds up maturation and also boosts the concentration of alkaloids inside the product.
This is one of the main aspects that sets Maeng Da Kratom apart from other strains. Speaking of alkaloid content, the reason Maeng Da is such a popular strain is that it has one of the highest alkaloid concentration among all other types of Kratom. It contains mitraphylline, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, but most importantly mitraginine, and these active ingredients are particularly potent in Maeng Da Kratom.
What Does Maeng Da Mean?
Okay, so since it does not refer to the place of origin, what does it refer to? It’s a very interesting story, in fact. It turns out that ‘maeng da’ is a slang term from Thailand that denotes quality. Officially, ‘maeng da’ translates to ‘pimp’ in Thai, so Meang Da Kratom is generally pimp grade Kratom, or in other words, top quality Kratom.
This is obviously a compliment to the Maeng Da strain, one that refers both to the strength of the strain, as well as the good quality/good time associated with it. This should tell you all you need to know about the Maeng Da Kratom strain.
What Are The Different Types of Maeng Da Kratom Available?
As with most other Kratom strains, you can find many different types of Maeng Da available for purchase. The first main difference, as always, comes in the color of the leaf’s vein.
- Red Maeng Da Kratom is defined by the thin red veins that can be seen on the Kratom leaves. Red Maeng Da leaves are generally picked from mature trees and have a high alkaloid content, which means that although they are fairly rare, they’re also really popular. Red Maeng Da is often recommended for people who are having a hard time concentrating or getting all their tasks done;
- Green Maeng Da Kratom, likewise, derives its’ name from the green veins that adorn the Kratom leaf. Green Maeng Da has always been associated with peace and calm. It’s a very quiet leaf, if that makes sense. It won’t disturb you with anything, and like most green Kratom it’s very well-rounded, meaning it won’t reach any of the extremes that red and white Kratom tend towards. Green Maeng Da is a friend toward people.
- White Maeng Da Kratom, lastly, is named for the classy white veins that run up the leaf. It’s known for its’ immense versatility, which makes it perhaps the most popular of the three Maeng Da varieties. Whereas the other two each catered to a more specific audience, White Maeng Da is highly liked by all. It can be really neat if you’re having trouble with getting out of bed as well as if you’re bouncing off the walls and have trouble concentrating and standing still, as a result.
While these are by far the most popular differences you’ll see out there, they are not the only ones. Many Kratom vendors, in fact, also divide them by place of origin, which is why you’ll sometimes see:
- Indonesian Maeng Da Kratom;
- Thailand Maeng Da Kratom;
- Malaysia Maeng Da Kratom.
We won’t go into the differences of these, as they’d be a bit harder to explain. Generally, different strains are defined by the type of leaf (color) they hail from, and not by the place they were grown. Sure, different cultures have different approaches to grafting Kratom, but not significant ones.
What Kind of Maeng Da Kratom Can I Buy?
Maeng Da, as most Kratom strains, is available in three forms:
- Maeng Da Capsules;
- Maeng Da Powder;
- Maeng Da Leaves.
We hope this article has answered your most pressing Maeng Da questions